Wilson Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Staff work hard to maintain an environment where children feel safe and secure.
All members of staff (including volunteers and governors) in this school, in whatever capacity, will at all times act pro-actively in child welfare matters.
Designated Safeguarding Leads;
- Mrs Claire Hurst, Executive Headteacher
- Mrs Polly O'Donnell, Assistant Headteacher/SENCo
Deputy Safeguarding Leads;
- Mrs Helen Daniel, Deputy Headteacher
- Ms Gemma Charnock, Assistant Headteacher
The Designated Safeguarding Governor is Mrs Liz Woodhouse.
Security of pupils, staff, volunteers and Visitors
All visitors must:
- Enter through main entrance and report directly to the office
- Be signed in and have ID checked by office staff (DBS or valid ID)
- Wear the appropriate lanyard
- Ensure you sign out and let the office know when you are leaving
- Ensure the gates and doors are securely closed behind you as you leave
Disclosure and Barring Service
All visitors, including supply staff, and regular volunteers in school will need to present either DBS or valid ID to be checked upon entry. Trip volunteers will be subject to a list 99 check and this information will be gathered beforehand. This is to help ensure that only suitable DBS checked visitors, staff and volunteers are working unsupervised with children. If you have any questions about this, please contact the school office.
If you would like to know more about our policy or procedures for Safeguarding, please speak to one of the school safeguarding officers.
Please click on the link to read our Safeguarding policy
Click on the following link to read our Touch Policy